

Board Meeting - 2025/05/12 18:26 PDT - Transcript

Attendees

Albert Sandoval, Alicia Sanchez, Alicia Swinney, Anna Mohamad, Daniel, Debralee Morrison, MariaRosa Castillo, Maurico Payne, Megan Clark, Shane Morrison, Stephanie Kline, Wendy

Transcript

Shane Morrison: Let's go ahead and start it. all right, guys. We're starting our May board meeting. it's 6:38 on May 12th.

Shane Morrison: Let's go ahead and start with roll call. I know it's kind of hard. So, someone say something, wait a couple seconds, and then someone say something again.

Anna Mohamad: Anna Mohamad.

Anna Mohamad: MJ Muhammad

Daniel: Daniel

Stephanie Kline: Stephanie Klein.

Wendy: Wendy

Alicia Swinney: Alicia Sweeny.

MariaRosa Castillo: Rosie Zordon.

Maurico Payne: Erica Payne.

Anna Mohamad: is that on Yes.

Shane Morrison: and Deborah Lee is here too. All right. So, couple Yeah, I saw him on here.

Albert Sandoval: Yeah, Albert's on. I was muted.

Megan Clark: Megan Clark's here, too. I was having trouble.

Shane Morrison: I think that's everyone, Danny, did you say here?

Daniel: Yeah.

Shane Morrison: All right. So, obviously the meeting is being recorded. So, couple things. sorry,...

00:05:00

Shane Morrison: I'm trying to pull this up.

Anna Mohamad: Allie's Ally,...

Anna Mohamad: are you on too?

Alicia Sanchez: Yes, I'm here. Sorry, my mouth is full.

Shane Morrison: I just had my notes right here and same*. Okay, couple things.

Shane Morrison: so with the president's meeting they have started the approvals for head coaches. so I know on the football side we have our Excel file that's up same thing that we ran last year that everyone goes in and they go and update the Excel file for each head coach and then that's how we can track certific

Shane Morrison: ifications, stuff like that. football side, MJ, I already know you're already on top of it as far as, getting USA out and, getting that training done. we need to have all certifications, CPRs. remember, it's only two coaches per team, that need to be certified CPR. all live scans have to be done. Live scans only have to be done at one time. It doesn't need to be done every single year or every other year or every four years. technically the law is every eight. but they didn't say anything as far as every eight. They just says it needs to be done one time. So all new coaches, I know we have one new flag coach.

Shane Morrison: and then I believe we have a handful of probably new assistants that are going to be coming on. so we need to stress and make sure that those are getting done on the cheer side and on the football side. Same thing as last year for everybody. Go down to go and postal. They have our information. there was, I believe, a dollar price increase because the state of California now is trying to recuperate or get more money to fix our potholes in our streets that they don't fix. so that's gone up as far as the fee for the state of California. so instead of \$23, I think it's 24 or 25. it would be the price per each coach.

Shane Morrison: So again, if they've already done it live scan with our program,...

Shane Morrison: not with another program, if they were part of TmAcular or Vist or whatever, they need to have that done with our program under our code.

Anna Mohamad: Shane, I did under one of the emails that you sent over,...

Anna Mohamad: they said that if there is a coach that's transferring into your league, I don't know transferring into your league from a different league. If you put them on a list and...

Anna Mohamad: you let them know, then they will automatically transfer all of their live scans over to our league.

Shane Morrison: So, that was talked about.

Shane Morrison: I'm going to bring that up again because I believe someone brought that up in the meeting and they said, "No, it has to be under our code." So,...

Anna Mohamad: And when do all those searches need to be done by?

Shane Morrison: let me double check on that. I totally forgot. we need to have everything done by June. Everyone that's already here and everyone that's already part of the organization, it has to be done by June. hold on.

Stephanie Kline: Was it June 18th?

Stephanie Kline: I thought that's what I saw on there.

Shane Morrison: Yeah, 18th or...

Shane Morrison: Yeah, 18 Yeah, So, anyone that's coming on, if they don't get it done, it's not like they're ass out, but anyone that's coming on needs to get it done right away, too. I doubt they're going to come by the field because they never do. But, they gave the threatening tone of, if we have coaches on, we're going to be fine and blah blah blah if they come and check out our practice. Real quick, anyone, that's part of our board that has any communication with Margot?

00:10:00

Shane Morrison: does anyone know who she is? She's the secretary for our conference for the WCC. she's no longer part of the WCC. She's been removed.

Shane Morrison: So another thing, let me see on top of that as far as coaches wise, Alicia, have you updated any of the head coaches for cheer in the book or in the,...

Shane Morrison: the working files?

Alicia Swinney: No, not yet,...

Shane Morrison: It just needs to be done by next meeting.

Alicia Swinney: but I can do it tonight.

Shane Morrison: So, all the coaches I have the list.

Alicia Swinney: And it's not position.

Shane Morrison: I'm going to update the MJ I don't know if you noted so with our Excel file.

Anna Mohamad: I have a question on do you want those updated on the list in our Fbrook and...

Anna Mohamad: then also on the working files for Westcon as well? Mhm.

Shane Morrison: Where'd it go? this is working files.

Shane Morrison: Let me get into Fberrook Pop Warner.

Alicia Swinney: I know for sure.

Alicia Swinney: I started

Shane Morrison: I want I'll have to bring it up. Our Excel file that has all of our coaches information for There's a tab for each team under the Excel file. So you have everything from two flag teams all the way up to 13U. and then I know the football side majority of them have already started updating that tab and...

Alicia Swinney: mandated.

Shane Morrison: then I believe I cleared out all the check marks but all those will need to be rechecked as far as under each section the USA certifications stuff like that. Same thing. CPR, Wicotta. and a couple other certific Mandated reporter too. Thank and then their contact information. I need to know emails. we need to know phone numbers.

Shane Morrison: just rapid communication for each coach and each assistant coach. my goal by the start of the season is to have a better communication platform for next year with all assistant and head coaches. kind of just keeping them up to date a little better.

Shane Morrison: We've been doing it pretty good on the football side and I know cheer's been doing pretty good too. but just for volunteer stuff and keep people more intrigued with our offseason time.

Shane Morrison: So I can't pull it up on Where's my drive? Let me do it this way.

Alicia Sanchez: Hey, before I forget,...

Shane Morrison: Go here.

00:15:00

Alicia Sanchez: Thank you.

Anna Mohamad: of course.

Shane Morrison: Slow computer. All right, let me go back here and then Okay. Can you guys see this?

Daniel: Yeah.

Shane Morrison: So, flag braves, 10U, 11U. all this needs to be filled out. so it needs to be updated too.

Shane Morrison: make sure that these are all new coach, mandated reporter, live scan, CPR. and then once we verify what I did last year, obviously head coach list. this is the football side. and then we have a head coach tab. This live scan tab, I need to have this updated for both, cheer and football. these need to be updated. So, in flag braves, they need to have the head coach and each coach on here. And then this is how I keep track of green means that the live scan is done and we're good to go. We're clear.

Shane Morrison: And then red means that we're waiting. I normally put a little note here depending on what status we're in, As far as for live scan stuff. because we're held accountable to make sure that the head coaches and assistant coaches clear these live scans. because if anything happens and we have a coach that's on the field and they're coaching the kids and they do something and they're not cleared by live scan, we're responsible for it as a league. so we got that's how I kind of keep track and make sure that everyone is certified. That's why we do not allow any parent helper or anyone that hasn't been cleared to be on our field, right? because it comes to liability.

Shane Morrison: so yeah this is just basic make sure this is updated. So this right here let me stress this is our stuff not the conference it's not part of the working files. when it comes to WCC there is a head coach contact. I don't think it's in this one. they have basically a head coach calendar. Let me pull it up. WCC working files.

Shane Morrison: spreadsheets and then 20 And then these are basically all of our stuff for the working files when it comes to the conference. So this is Alicia. I know you've seen this. but this is basically how we fill out for each Only head coaches need to be on here. Alicia, and Debbie. it's only approval for head coaches. They don't care about assistants.

Shane Morrison: league name I guess like I said email, phone number, team and so on. So that needs to be done by June and then we can keep adding if we pick up coaches later on. but if we pick up any head coaches later on. All right. my other thing, let me look all the insurance locations are updated. I'm going to communicate back out to Char again this week.

00:20:00

Shane Morrison: So if I find it, I'll say more later on the meeting. Anna, you want to share that agenda again? Yeah.

Anna Mohamad: Yes. ...

Anna Mohamad: and then, while I'm getting the agenda up, Stephanie, if you want to start with any updates you have.

Stephanie Kline: Yeah, so far it's showing that we have 12 total enrollments across football and there's 50 in the cart, but I was looking up with the shopping cart and what we have enrolled and it looks like where we really need to get kids in is 9u, 12U, and 13U. So even with the shopping cart, if everybody in it enrolled, 12U would be at 10, and 13 would be at 11. So they're still pretty low numbers. for making a team right now also there's 47 for cheer total, but I did notice last year we didn't have a separation between Mighty M and the junior one.

Stephanie Kline: are we doing? Just let me know how you want to combine everything because right now it looks like there's six or seven different teams being set up.

Alicia Swinney: The junior tiny mics I believe are what three and four year olds. So, that's something new that we're trying to do this year.

Stephanie Kline: Yeah. Okay, Yeah. So, right now it's set up that these are the ones that have kids enrolled.

Shane Morrison: Sorry.

Stephanie Kline: So, there's junior varsity, and then there's mighty might pee-wee, and tiny might.

Stephanie Kline: That's what it looks like.

Anna Mohamad: Yeah. Yeah.

Anna Mohamad: The one girl that's in Wee will shift. I just haven't moved her yet...

Stephanie Kline: Okay.

Anna Mohamad: because we haven't decided...

Stephanie Kline: Everything's not finalized anyways.

Anna Mohamad: what the Yes.

Stephanie Kline: I was just writing down numbers so I could peek at it.

Anna Mohamad: Yeah. Perfect.

00:25:00

Stephanie Kline: I did see I did have a quick question.

Stephanie Kline: I noticed cuz I was looking at the dates coming up and things going on. It says final field availability is that because it has it under my responsibilities.

Stephanie Kline: I just never did that last year. So is that something new? It was in the second document. Okay. ...

Shane Morrison: No.

Shane Morrison: Yeah, that I'll deal with the

Anna Mohamad: That's the calendar. It's assigned to you.

Stephanie Kline: okay. Okay, cool.

Anna Mohamad: But they don't have anything set honestly. So everything just says to be determined.

Stephanie Kline: Sorry, I was looking at it. I'm like, I do not know what this is. So, that's all I've got so far on my end is just kind of the registration. I have not started the books yet.

Stephanie Kline: I'm finishing up the school year, but over this next week,...

Stephanie Kline: I'm planning on starting moving things around in it. And then by the first week of summer, I'll have everything put together. So, for me, I get out of school on the 30th, and then I have full availability.

Shane Morrison: And you have also the other board of member at largestes too that will help you out with that too.

Shane Morrison: So yeah.

Stephanie Kline: Cool. I think it'll be a really easy transition, especially as some of the kids are just moving up. and then I already have some files for the ones who are not registered yet that I can kind of keep separate. So, I it should be a really easy transition. I'll find out when they're going to clear affinity for us so we can start inputting information there. Probably not until a couple weeks before the season starts is when they did that last time.

Stephanie Kline: Yeah.

Stephanie Kline: I even noticed that they're not responding. I had sent out cuz I know a couple of you couldn't get into Affinity.

Stephanie Kline: And that shouldn't have been a problem. So I reached out a couple times with absolutely zero response. So it finally opened up for me and I was able to switch some things around. So Wendy and Anna should be able to get back into it now. And then Shane, are you able to access it or are you still kicked out?

Shane Morrison: I'm not able to get into Affinity.

Shane Morrison: Last I checked,...

Stephanie Kline: ...

Shane Morrison:

Shane Morrison: it's been a couple weeks. So I just Okay,...

Stephanie Kline: I'm going to go in this evening and change some things and see if I can get you back into it tonight and I'll just send you a message.

Shane Morrison: cool. yeah,...

Albert Sandoval: and me as well.

Stephanie Kline: Yeah. No problem.

Shane Morrison: Alex, you so couple things on top of registration.

Stephanie Kline: Absolutely.

Shane Morrison: So we're struggling. what was the total count for 12 and 13? Stephanie,...

Shane Morrison: Okay.

Stephanie Kline: So right now the ones...

Stephanie Kline: who have enrolled there's five for 12U there's six for 13U. If everyone in the cart reg actually enrolls there'll be 10 for 12 and then 11 for 13. So we're still low.

Shane Morrison: So obviously we need to try to do the best we can to fill these teams out. so normally in the past what we do or I believe what we've done is we've lowered registration to bring players aboard as far as for 13 and 12U there is a possibility that we might have to blend and the 12 and 13U

Shane Morrison: team into one team.

Shane Morrison: Yeah.

Stephanie Kline: That's what I was thinking for numbers.

Shane Morrison: So that's...

Daniel: What was 9 you?

Shane Morrison: what was that.

Stephanie Kline: I'm sorry, what was the question?

Daniel: What was 9 you at? Weren't they low as well?

Stephanie Kline: They were so if there's nine registered and then there's three in the cart. So, we still need a couple kids for that, too. Okay.

Anna Mohamad: I might have a couple kids on 10U that will drop down to 9U for their...

Shane Morrison:

Shane Morrison: All Okay. ...

Anna Mohamad: because of their age.

Stephanie Kline: So, 10 U is at 16 and then there's five in the cart. 11U is solid. It's solid. 23.

00:30:00

Shane Morrison: basically, I think what we need to do, I'm not too worried about 90 right now. a majority of our younger teams are all last minute fill-ins. so if we don't see a spike in registration as far as those teams, as far as 9U by June, we'll say by the end by June 6. I don't want to be too late though. So, I mean, we'll see what happens with the rest of this month as far as registration wise. for NYU, if we do have kids that, hey, we're on the fence, we're struggling with money, stuff like that. depending on the team, I don't know exactly what I want to do yet.

Shane Morrison: I think as far as when we come down to 12 and 13U as far as registration costs, it would have to be brought down to 450 350 whatever we can do to entice these people to come aboard. it just sucks because our older teams are 12 and 13 you're going to struggle. everyone I've talked to they've been a part of the league. they majority of them went out.

Stephanie Kline: How early is the clinic in June?

Shane Morrison: Al, what is Yeah.

Anna Mohamad: the clinic in June, the clinics we have are always the last Sunday of the month. but I think too the kids who are registered in the cart for specifically 13U it's not kids that we're expecting to sign up either. So I think maybe we have coaches Amjud reach out to those parents who have athletes in the cart and see what's keeping them from completing the registration and see if we can get obviously team count up that way and then that I think will give us a better gauge in the next two weeks if they process their cart.

Anna Mohamad: and then we reach out to those who are pending

Debralee Morrison: Is anybody available tomorrow for Potter's open house? That is tomorrow. And didn't somebody say in the p like before that I don't remember I'm thinking about it. I know we could probably set something up even if I have to call tomorrow to talk to Dr. G I can do that. but that might be helpful.

Debralee Morrison:

Albert Sandoval: Yeah, I can totally show up to Potter tomorrow night.

Debralee Morrison: Let me reach out and see what if we can do a table which I think we'll be fine.

Shane Morrison: Yeah, I'll get the admin box too for that tomorrow.

Shane Morrison: Whoever can go. I would go, but tomorrow's Charlie's birthday, so I won't be able to make that one. so Al

Anna Mohamad: Real quick, I think we need to start hitting it hard maybe towards the tail end of this month or the beginning of June on recruitment. I know baseball's wrapping up. There's going to open more opportunities for kids to be free. So, I think we need to start doing the recruitment whether it's at Albertson's or...

00:35:00

Anna Mohamad: what's it? Magic Mountain Mics. I don't know. I talked to Louise for the new coach. He's gonna start because we're low numbers still. Shane, do you do something with Josh maybe at Mountain Bikes?

Shane Morrison: Yeah, we need to start table now.

Shane Morrison: Yeah, Josh is always down to do anything. we can be out in front of Mount Mike's.

Anna Mohamad: Okay.

Shane Morrison: We can have a fundraiser night at Mount Mike's. Come out and help Pop Warner. Josh is down to do any all of that stuff.

Shane Morrison: but we need to obviously MJ you guys on the coaches side. I know we're putting it in the chat very frequently. Hey, we need to recruit. I know Al has been reaching out and doing that stuff pretty heavily. but yeah, I'm going to set up a table at Albertson's and Magic Mike's in the next couple weeks. So I'll be out there doing that, too. So we need to get our coaches on board. I mean, even if you're on the cheer side and you don't have nothing to do, cheer side coaches, too. They can be out there doing whatever.

Shane Morrison: I know it's a different sport, but we're one league.

Anna Mohamad: if we can get a date set with Josh, I'll reach out to individual coaches, all of them, and then 11U coach is more than willing to help recruit for other teams. I know he wants to set a cap where he's at right now. he has his roster, but if you could get a date, we could put our heads together and see what we could do at Magic Mike's.

Shane Morrison: I'll put a Excel sheet together and I'll put a Google doc together and put some dates and we'll just do a little signup thing who can do it as far as the coach's side.

Shane Morrison: We have to do it. I mean, it is what it is. It's Fbrook. I w with our younger teams, our younger ages, we're looking good. but we're struggling with our older ages.

Anna Mohamad: reach out to the reservation.

Anna Mohamad: So with that kind of wraps up that I don't know if Cheer, Debbie, Alicia, if you guys have any that you guys need to cover or Anything?

Shane Morrison: So now we will be working with a new rep. but same company for our uniforms. yeah, I think that's about it really on cheer side. Talk about all the stuff you learned about.

Shane Morrison: No, it was actually really good information for sure. I think our teams will all benefit from everything we learned. new stuff. I think that all of us learn for sure.

00:40:00

Anna Mohamad: Yes.

Shane Morrison: Yeah, I do think that we're going to need a new coach though too because we seems like our seven, eight, and nine year olds. So, on a side note for fundraising, Teresa, the head coach for the Tiny Might Cheer team, did say that she would take on that role on the board. We kind of talked her into that this weekend. Maybe. Yeah. Cool.

Shane Morrison: that I mean is she 100% or yeah she'll need help just I think everybody can help each other out but I think her and Erica can get together and yeah that way Erica can assist her and kind of show her the ropes...

Shane Morrison: if she wants to bring a board. So we'll do that next meeting if she's 100% on board. yeah.

Anna Mohamad: and she did when we were there,...

Anna Mohamad: we did talk to the double good rep. the popcorn's expensive, but it's delicious. I think we all got sick eating it, but because we...

Shane Morrison: All the

Anna Mohamad: because we ate every single flavor. but they do give us back 50%. So, you're making a pretty decent amount of money on each bag of popcorn. And what's nice is we do absolutely nothing. It's a 4-day fundraiser. And you can do it pre-season and...

Anna Mohamad: then you can also do it again in season. and everything is done directly through them. So, they ship everything out. They do everybody's orders. so we thought that could be beneficial to us to test it out before we get our season started.

Shane Morrison: I like it.

Shane Morrison: Yeah, we can always do like we did last year. We had the side fundraisers with the cups and stuff like that. So, a 4-day fundraiser would be ideal. I mean, just it's to have a little change, know what I mean, in a product that people can get, other than our blast stuff. So, I can't see the agenda.

Shane Morrison: Who's up next?

Anna Mohamad: Next up,...

Anna Mohamad: Danny, I don't know if you have anything. I just put on here that we have our football uniform fitting on June 8th. Anything else that you want to connect on?

Daniel: No, think we're good. Especially after talking with Blast for the Spiritware. I think we're good for now.

Shane Morrison: So, we're working out the details as far as when Daniel says spiritware for our certification setup.

Shane Morrison: As I mean, I don't know if we had a lot of issues with Full Gorilla when it came to that equipment last year.

Shane Morrison: so Danny's been digging around and trying to find the best price and who's a good reliable vendor as far as getting us the sizes that we're actually ordering and not missing stuff and sending different sizes and stuff like that. So, that's kind of what he's been doing in the background and inventory and stuff. So, Danny, I know we're coming up quick on our equipment setup. So, if you find a weekend, text text obviously me and MJ and let's get a weekend and I'll get whatever head coaches I can to come out and we'll do a final inventory and clean up on our pads.

Shane Morrison: and stuff and get ready for the 1 of June.

Daniel: I was kind of thinking this week,...

Stephanie Kline: The other thing ...

Daniel: so maybe Sunday, May 18th. or actually okay,...

Shane Morrison: I can't do May 18th. That's Judy's birthday even.

Daniel: I'll touch base with you. We'll figure it out.

Shane Morrison: What's up?

Stephanie Kline: real quick. The other thing that I wanted to do to send out to you would be I know when the kids come and they do their equipment, they pick their top three numbers, but I was also going to give you a list of all the kids and what their jersey numbers were from last season. so that way you would know for priority numbers and stuff like that. And then you would just have that list.

00:45:00

Daniel: Yeah,...

Shane Morrison: Perfect. Yeah,...

Daniel: that'd be great.

Shane Morrison: we can do it during the week after work, too. we have full lights and stuff. So,...

Daniel: Okay, I'll touch base.

Shane Morrison: I mean I got the portable lights there and...

Daniel: Maybe we can do it Thursday.

Shane Morrison: I got another portable lights in my house.

Shane Morrison: And then we can do it after work, too. So, whenever you want to set up anything else?

Daniel: Okay, cool.

Daniel: Yeah, nothing for me.

Shane Morrison: Anyone have any questions for equipment?

Shane Morrison: Deborly is still the cheer mat it's coming. I'm just waiting on getting the proper one. Dely got a little busy. So we should have the cheer mat that we approved last year before the start of our season. and it's looking like they're not going to charge us for inside facilities. So, they still can't get their stuff together. I don't know if it's last minute, but I kind of told them, I said, "Hey, if you guys can't do it if you guys can't get us a price, at least by when we start for practice, I don't think it's fair to our organization to start charging us in the middle of the practice." And, V agreed. Vanessa agreed.

Shane Morrison: So, hopefully they don't charge us again this year, but I'll keep you guys updated on that whenever that comes through.

Anna Mohamad: Who's next?

Shane Morrison: And one more thing, too. so, they are going to laser level part of July and August. I think I brought this up last time, for our fields at Potter for where the big boys practice so we're going to be very tight on space, as far as practice wise. So, I'm trying to work on getting, use of Live Oak Elementary, which is, if you guys aren't familiar, it's the elementary school right next door to Potter. Just for those I think it's 3 weeks ...

Anna Mohamad: Yeah.

Shane Morrison: 3 weeks time.

Shane Morrison: The only thing is about that is that field is even worse than Potter. but as far as Horse Creek, we can't because it's too late. we can't set up lights. We can't do any of that. So, we can't do any of those parks. and they won't go anything past closing time. They won't allow us to set up lights or anything like that. so it's got to be a school. So, I'm working on that right now, trying to get that locked in. I'll let you guys know. If not, we're going to be crammed in one little spot and we're going to be doing half field practices.

Daniel: What about the upper field the high school?

Shane Morrison: So, they charge us.

Shane Morrison: it has to be an elementary school. So, they're going to charge a s* ton of money just to practice. and...

Shane Morrison: then I know they have a lot of stuff that goes on after school till pretty late. So, I don't know what their fuel uses at too, but it is a possibility if we could try to work something out. all right, who's next? Yeah.

Anna Mohamad: All right.

00:50:00

Anna Mohamad: I think you went over the new updates as far as new this year, any staff member completing the USA football training does not have to take a separate mandated reporter training.

Shane Morrison: Yes.

Anna Mohamad: The mandated reporter training is now embedded in the USA football training. and it has been accepted by the state of California. So for football, you don't need to do two separate courses. It's now within and then the football requirements just like you had said are the USA football and then two coaches have to be first aid certified. for cheer, I know Wiccotta when we were in Vegas, they said that we're not getting any of our Wiccotta courses until une. any courses that are done or sent out prior to that are not the correct courses. so I think we're just waiting on that.

Anna Mohamad: This year the concussion is free on the cheer side. but they said that that could change. And then anyone who did mandated reporter last year for cheer, it's good for two years. So they shouldn't have to retake it this year, which is I think that's almost our entire coaching staff unless we bring anybody new on. And then obviously I'll talk with you, I look at the list. I don't believe we had anybody on the list, but we have until May 15th to basically make sure that anyone that wasn't from 2024,...

Anna Mohamad: they're going to clear that list on May 15th. So, we've got to make sure that we don't have anybody on that list. and if we do, we just need to move them over. go ahead.

Shane Morrison: Okay. on let me add to that.

Shane Morrison: So for CPR training they are allowing one online course. They said last year absolutely no We're not doing it anymore. But they are and it's only one course that is approved by Pop Warner that can be tked for CPR. So it doesn't need to be done in person like they were telling us last year.

Shane Morrison: so I need to get each of the cheer and football side those Excel sheets updated so that way we can ensure that they have that done in a timely manner. and we have two certified CPR. CPR is every year so it's not every two years. So that needs to be done or it is every two years. just like the mandated reporter. So once we have our coaches that need to do it, I'll send them MJ or whoever or Alicia, you guys can send them the link or I will and then they can complete that online unless they want to go in person.

Shane Morrison: Did we pay last year?

Anna Mohamad: Anyone who took CPR,...

Shane Morrison: I can't remember for CPR. I know I paid for mine, but we didn't pay for the CPR courses last year, did we?

Anna Mohamad: I think paid on their own.

Shane Morrison: Okay. Yeah.

Anna Mohamad: It was not a board paid fee.

Shane Morrison: I'm kind of big on if it's required and the volunteer is required to do it, the board should be covering it. so depending on finances, once we get a solid number, we'll put that in vote to see if we can get that covered. As far as CPR, I don't know, I haven't looked on that online course, so I don't know, what their cost is for that online.

Shane Morrison: So once we get a solid number,...

Shane Morrison: I'll get that information out.

00:55:00

Anna Mohamad: Okay. ...

Anna Mohamad: and then, we're not going to do a May clinic and that's because it falls on a holiday. So, I think everybody at our last clinic and the coaches that we've talked to who do participate all agreed that that wouldn't be probably a prime weekend for us. we've been doing well on all of our ics. I think last clinic was one of our smaller ones and I think it was because it was kind of gloomy right before. and every clinic we make between 700 and a,000 bucks. So, the clinic has definitely been beneficial. but because we're not doing a May clinic, we were thinking about really doing a big clinic to end in June.

Anna Mohamad: And then if there's any, last minute things that we need to do with equipment or fittings for cheer and football. kind of just staying there a little bit after and making sure that we have everything wrapped up before we go into July. So that is our plan. If you guys have any thoughts on things that we can do to generate,...

Anna Mohamad: more people or fundraising opportunities, let us know and we can do that.

Shane Morrison: We're going to do pizza for that clinic.

Shane Morrison: So we did last year.

Shane Morrison: So we'll do the pizza same thing. I'll reach out to Josh and see if we can get what kind of discounts and stuff like that. coming what was the date for the start event that we're doing? Yeah.

Anna Mohamad: I have that on here.

Anna Mohamad: There is an issue because we were going to do our opening day. Is that what you're talking about? So, our opening day we had set for July 12th and the issue with July 12th is per their calendar and I don't know because their dates are super funky. it now says that we have a mandatory head coach clinic that day.

Anna Mohamad: So if that is the case, we would need to change our opening day.

Shane Morrison: ...

Shane Morrison: we'll still keep it on that day. we'll see what they're reaching for. You said July 12th, right?
...

Anna Mohamad: Yes. Saturday

Shane Morrison: so the 5th would be before that or...

Shane Morrison: we could do it on a Sunday the 13th.

Anna Mohamad: Yeah, the problem.

Anna Mohamad: Yeah, I wouldn't do the July 5th because that's Fourth of July weekend. So, if we want to be safe, we could push it to July 13th.

Shane Morrison: All right, let's keep it just on that weekend for right now. and I'll double check it with the board or the conference and make sure that date is solid. And if it is, we'll move it to the 13th. but what I would like to do, I'd like to put a committee together for this. basically getting the fine details as far as the events that we're doing. Erica has Erica, you said you have the jumpies, correct? Okay.

Maurico Payne: Yes, sir.

Shane Morrison: So Erica is there anyone that would like to head that this committee for our opening day and be in the committee?

Alicia Swinney: I can help with some stuff.

Shane Morrison: Going once. Cool. Anyone else?

Maurico Payne: Shane, you can put me in low.

Anna Mohamad: I think we can ask Teresa...

Alicia Sanchez: How about that's the one on July 12th?

Anna Mohamad: if she want...

Shane Morrison: Okay. What were you saying,...

Shane Morrison: Anna? Okay.

Anna Mohamad: if Teresa ends up moving forward the position. I'm sure she can help Erica and Alicia.

Shane Morrison: So is there anyone else that Yeah,...

01:00:00

Shane Morrison: it's going to be the 13th. I'll know here in the next week what our solid date will be and then Megan will start putting it out is what the date is. So okay.

Alicia Sanchez: Right. That

Shane Morrison: So basically right now in the committee we have Erica and Alicia. and then I'm sure like I said what's her name? Why am I brain fart?

Anna Mohamad: Thea.

Shane Morrison: Teresa she'll help out too because it's going to be her job. So can you guys get together? So, basically, we have, jumpies. we have a dunk tank, already, set up. I actually have two, we have one that we can use, and then Louise said he has another one, that he can get a hold of that we can use.

Shane Morrison: So, a dunk tank, jumpies, and, kind of like a throwathon kind of deal. Deborah Lee, you're part of the committee. So, you're part of the committee for the opening day. So Deborra Lee will be part of the committee too. I just volunteer So she kind of has an idea for that throwathon kind of deal. and I think that would be a good solid three things. and then what did we decide on as far as food wise?

Anna Mohamad: I would talk to Debbie,...

Shane Morrison: Didn't Okay.

Anna Mohamad: but Maggie's mom, I believe she was coordinating food trucks. I think it was the ice cream guy and somebody else. I'm not 100%, but I do believe Beth was able to line some of those food trucks up, and they were giving back a certain percentage of their proceeds to us.

Shane Morrison: I'm not going to wait till I'm going to have Debbie talk to Teresa tomorrow and get her on board and then we'll do a quick executive vote or quick vote online and then that way we can get her on board too to help out. That way we don't have to wait till next meeting.

Shane Morrison: so someone start in the committee please can you start an email or an email a text between each other and kind of get the ducks in a row and then I'll help out too on whoever I need talk to. but it sounds like we pretty much already have jumpies. thank you to Erica. she's getting those squared away. Dunk Tank. and then kind of a throwathon kind of deal. and then Maggie's mom that's going to set up for the food trucks.

Shane Morrison: So, I'll have Debbie talk to Maggie,...

Shane Morrison: Maggie's mom and whoever can help out can be a part of that, group text, and then, that way we can get that on board because we need to start getting that, down to the fine details and get it scheduled. ...

Anna Mohamad: Are we doing that at Potter Shane?

Shane Morrison: yes, as of right now, we're doing it at Potter. If not, I'll be moving it to the park and I'll let you guys know for sure the exact location here in the next week or two for it. So, it's either going to be at the park where we do clinics at or it's going to be at Potter. So,

Anna Mohamad: Okay. Wait for

Maurico Payne: I just want to make clear so that ...

Maurico Payne: if I need generators for the jump houses, are we able to run electrical at Potter for the jump houses and things for food vendors or whatever or andor for the park? Do we know that already or do I need to research that?

Shane Morrison: I have four generators.

Shane Morrison: So, I have two light towers and I have two of my own generators.

Maurico Payne: Perfect. Okay.

Shane Morrison: We'll be fine with power. I'll make sure all that stuff is good. for food vendors and stuff like that, they just need to be self- sustainable. Normally they have their own power. but if the power is an

issue, they need to be self sustainable as far as cleanup and not leaving, grease and s*** like that all over the place, which they're all pretty good. I believe it at that. but I have a bunch of generators, so we'll be good with that.

01:05:00

Shane Morrison: All right.

Anna Mohamad: Okay, perfect.

Anna Mohamad: The last thing is just the calendar. this month we do have our admin convention. I know we reviewed that last meeting. It's on May 31st. it's 8:30 a.m. at Powe Community Center. So, while it is boring, it can be informative. So, I do know it's mandatory for select roles. if you guys have any questions, you can reach out to myself. otherwise, 5: May 31st at 8:30 a.m. at Powe Community Center. after that, June and July is a lot of to be determined.

Anna Mohamad: Other than that, everything is to be Things that we'll want to be prepared for is a book check. I know Stephanie, you'll take care of that with Wendy and anyone else who's supporting. and then the availability of field and team count due. Usually if we're doing a book check, we can probably finalize that. And then for you Wendy, it says there's a Zoom little scholars training. It says it's at 6:30, but there is no day.

Anna Mohamad: the only thing Wendy for little scholars I can show you but there is a way off of our website to send a bulk email. last year I sent it out right before the school year ended. So probably the end of next week for a lot of our fall Brook schools. That way you're reminding parents as final report cards get sent home that they turn those in. Last year they uploaded them, but this year I don't believe they're uploading any report cards. it's just going to be a hard copy turned in. so we can collect those of course at the football fitting on the 8th. we won't have them for a cheer fitting, but the good thing is more than half of the cheerleaders, so you'll know how to track them down.

Anna Mohamad: But we will want to start sending out communications since we're almost at the end of our school year. And then in July, the only thing that we want to keep on track of is it does say the 15th is the first day of our no contact. And then interesting, it says that contact practice begins the following week, which last year there was two weeks of conditioning before you did contact. and then coaches can start scrimmaging on week to the 28th. as long as you had your conditioning practice done. So, I know those aren't like things that we necessarily worry about, just so we can keep on track. Other than that, everything is to be determined.

Anna Mohamad: They don't have dates for anything. So, like Shane said, the calendar was sent out if you guys can just kind of take a look if anything is assigned to That way, we can be on track in the event that they say it's due tomorrow. we can be prepared for things as they call for them to be due.

Shane Morrison: As far as the admin convention,...

Shane Morrison: And I would like to see as much as us as possible. there and then as far I mean it's good for if you're even a board member at large so that way if you're helping out with registration, if you're helping out with different things. It's also good for you to go there too. they do feed us.

Shane Morrison: So, we're all going to be together until we break out into the small sessions. and then, it really helps as far as to see what they want because a lot of the information that they say in president's meetings and AC/DC meetings is not really informative. It's kind of like, hey, do this, and then what they do is after this admin convention, if we didn't do it, like, you guys should have been the admin convention, blah blah blah blah blah. So, it does help us out as far as that. Megan, we can go ahead and post head coach positions. I know you texted me this earlier, so I'm getting to you on it. and board member positions.

01:10:00

Shane Morrison: And also as far as board member positions, so this is Al's last year, so I would like to get up a CFO in training. so that way we can get someone on board and start interviewing people and that way they can be alongside for the rest of the season. that way we can have a treasure Sso if you could post that up, you could do a separate post,...

Shane Morrison: say, "Hey, we're looking for a treasure in training." and then we can, like I said, interview him.

Shane Morrison: And then Anna, can you send out an email also, for that way we can, get that going too. So I don't want to have someone new without leaving already and then, you know what I mean, and having that issue. So, yeah,...

Anna Mohamad: Yes. Do you email to talk about CFO and...

Anna Mohamad: training and then the need of head coaches and assistant coach for cheer

Shane Morrison: any positions that are needed to be filled, put that out there.

Shane Morrison: put it reach out to us and saying, "Hey, we can't have a league without these positions." and for assistant coaches too, if we have any teams, I know our...

Shane Morrison: what our 11U is solid. we're going to need a coaching staff for 12U. and then we're going to need assistance for 13U also. and anyone that's interested, we'll put them in contact with the head coaches because that's up to the head coaches if they want to bring them aboard or not. Cool.

Anna Mohamad: Okay. Yeah,...

Megan Clark: Anna, can you send me the cheer coach information that you needed to because I'll do the coaches in one post.

Anna Mohamad: I think we're just looking for Debbie and...

Anna Mohamad: Alicia and Wendy if anyone wants to chime in. I think we're just really looking for an assistant coach to support Wendy because she has a large team. so I would just put an assistant coach for cheer unless Wendy, Alicia, or Debbie, you guys have something different.

Wendy: No, I agree.

Shane Morrison: you ...

Shane Morrison: if needed too. I mean because our cheer side is solid. so however you cheer girls want to work that Alicia and Debbie, if the team's too big, if we need to put on a waiting list, or if we need to split teams, we need to know that pretty quickly, too. So that way we can post for those positions also.

Wendy: I'm good as a large. I just don't want to be a medium.

Shane Morrison: We'll watch counts on that. also for teams, I mean, we don't normally have that problem. but like I said, our tier side is pretty popping. So, we can als and handle that.

01:15:00

Shane Morrison: Every league pays for choreography. I don't know if we're going to be able to get that this year depending on how we do in fundraising, but every cheer team pays for choreography that is in these competitions. so we start doing competitions as it's shown, we start winning competitions, we go in competitions, people see that and people want to be a part of that program. I think that's why, over the years our chair, development is doing real well. So, on that said,...

Shane Morrison: so yeah, if we can get that done, as far as head coaches and stuff, and anything else?

Anna Mohamad: Nope. That is all we have...

Anna Mohamad: unless anybody has any questions or any feedback. Back.

Shane Morrison: does anyone have anything to bring up that you want to bring to the board? if you are not returning next year and please let myself or Anna know or send us both an email. that way we can get someone in your position.

Shane Morrison: I said, I don't like to throw people in fresh off the boat and it tends to struggle and it gives a bad experience for them. So, Any last questions? All right. we're going to go ahead we chair aside that one in the scholarship.

Anna Mohamad: Yeah.

Shane Morrison: So, we'll go ahead and bring that up next meeting. we will talk to Teresa and get her on board. and then I'll send out a meeting invite. It'll just be a quick vote on it so I just need the amount of executive board members on there so that way we can get a vote in to bring her aboard.

Shane Morrison: I don't think there needs to be an interview because we've worked with her for the last couple years and we know who she is. so we should be good to go with that. All right. So, we're going to go and close the meeting. Thank you guys for being here. Our next meeting will be next month at FPUD. we won't be doing a Zoom unless something comes up last minute. sorry, one thing to add. as far as the equipment, on the football side, Danny and, MJ, are we going to be doing that at Potter like we did last year?

Shane Morrison: Was that a good rotation how we had last year?

Daniel: Yeah, I think so.

Daniel: Yeah, I think that's the best place to do it.

Shane Morrison: right, cool.

Shane Morrison: Cool. So, we should be good.

Daniel: It wasn't that bad two weeks ago when I was there.

Daniel: They had just it should be fine.

Shane Morrison: All right, we're going to go ahead and end it at 7:54 for our main meeting. Thank you guys.

Meeting ended after 01:19:24 🖐️

This editable transcript was computer generated and might contain errors. People can also change the text after it was created.